- Understand and manage common injuries sustained before, during and after a rodeo.
- Participants will be familiar with immediate concerns related to different pediatric trauma injuries.
- Outline non-burn patients that are often treated in a burn center.
- Better recognize the challenges while caring for panhandlers, transients and the homeless, including struggles with mental illness, alcoholism, and drug abuse.
- Describe and discuss common themes in select emergency medicine malpractice cases
- Describe and discuss common documentation errors involving select EMS and ER malpractice cases.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue.
- Learn the warning invitations for those at risk for suicide and how to intervene.
- Understand intracranial pressure.
- Differentiate the signs and symptoms of obstetrical emergencies.
- Participants will be familiar with abuse patterns
Current guidelines state that the participants in CME activities should be made aware of any affiliation or financial interest that may affect the speaker’s presentation(s). Each speaker has been requested to complete a conflict of interest statement. The names of faculty members, planning committee members and their disclosure of any conflicts of interest will be disclosed during the conference.
The conference planning committee reserves the right to make substitutions or changes in this schedule plan of events for circumstances beyond their control without prior notice to the participants.