- Identify traumatic injuries with abnormal presentations.
- Understand the management of acute hemorrhage in the anticoagulated patient, including medications that may be used to mitigate the effect of certain anticoagulants.
- Differentiate injuries in obstetrical emergencies secondary to trauma.
- Identify methods to enhance school safety.
- Understand common behaviors and how to interact with a person with brain injury.
- Review current innovations in burn care.
- Recognize the management of thoracic injuries following a penetrating mechanism.
- Discuss initial care of the injured patient.
- Learn proactive opportunities for positive emotional health.
- Review and discuss the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration in trauma.
Identify management priorities for the critically injured pediatric trauma patient.
Current guidelines state that the participants in CME activities should be made aware of any affiliation or financial interest that may affect the speaker’s presentation(s). Each speaker has been requested to complete a conflict-of-interest statement. The names of faculty members, planning committee members and their disclosure of any conflicts of interest will be disclosed during the conference.
The conference planning committee reserves the right to make substitutions or changes in this schedule plan of events for circumstances beyond their control without prior notice to the participants.